From Westminster Public Schools Wiki
Revision as of 12:05, 16 April 2018 by Jkuxhausen
Go back to CBE Main Page
Math Learning Targets
Coming Soon - Progressive Math Initiative (PMI) Resources mapped to D50 Learning Targets
Math Resources for All Levels
- PSI/PMI The Progressive Science Initiative (PSI) is a program designed to support high levels of student achievement in physics, chemistry, and biology and was developed over 10 years by teachers. This program has led to high levels of Advanced Placement (AP) participation and passing rates. Using the same research-based, successful approaches as PSI, the Progressive Mathematics Initiative (PMI) was developed by teachers to support all of K-12 mathematics. Developed first to support the teaching of Algebra, these courses now also lead to AP Calculus.
- Math Assessment Project
- Mathematics Assessment Project The project is working to design and develop well-engineered assessment tools to support US schools in implementing the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics at the secondary level. Products include: Classroom Challenges, Professional Development Modules, Summative Assessment Task Collection, and Prototype Summative Tests. (Provided by BMGF)
- Sample Lesson: Interpreting Distance - Time Graphs
- WatchKnowLearn.org WatchKnowLearn.org provides free educational videos for all content areas aligned to the Common Core where applicable. The site includes videos for teachers as well.
- Illustrative Mathematics
- Illustrative Mathematics Illustrative Mathematics provides guidance to states, assessment consortia, testing companies, and curriculum developers by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students experience in a faithful implementation of the Common Core State Standards, and by publishing other tools that support implementation of the standards. (Provided by BMGF)
- BetterLesson BetterLesson is a social curriculum management site where educators develop and share high-quality lessons, best practices, and ideas. Featured files are broken down by elementary, middle school, and high school for math, science, social studies, and english aligned to the Common Core. (Provided by BMGF)
- Get the Math
- Get the Math Project that combines video and web interactivity to help middle and high school students develop algebraic reasoning skills that form a critical building block for mathematical literacy. Students learn to apply mathematical reasoning to real-world problems through online challenges presented by professionals in fields of interest to teens, such as music production, fashion, videogame development, restaurants, sports, and special effects. The overall goals of GTM are to help students integrate, connect, and apply skills and concepts of the Common Core Content Standards and deeper learning competencies, including Standards for Mathematical Practice with a focus on reasoning and sense-making. Additionally, GTM aims to provide educators with easy-to-use, innovative lesson plans and resources that inspire and motivate students. (Provided by BMGF)
- Mangahigh Mangahigh is a next generation games-based resource for elementary, middle and high school math that is designed for blended learning. It draws on casual games and social competition from the online world and combines it with the core mathematical concepts across numeracy, algebra, geometry and data to make for an engaging and effective learning experience. On Mangahigh, teachers set activities for students on games and quizzes mapped to the common core and are able to analyze their performance across the standards. Additionally, Mangahigh's adaptive virtual tutor (m-Sensei) creates personalized learning paths through the common core to complement teachers' efforts and support each student in their learning. (Provided by BMGF)
- Refraction Refraction, an online puzzle game for teaching fractions, was developed by the Center for Game Science of the University of Washington to identify and analyze data on the effectiveness of different pathways towards deep understanding of the core concepts that underlie algebra. The goal of these games is to ensure that all students will succeed in algebra, since algebra is the gateway to high school mathematics and a key to mathematical literacy. (Provided by BMGF)
- Lure of the Labyrinth
- Lure of the Labyrinth Lure of the Labyrinth is a digital game for middle-school pre-algebra students. It includes a wealth of intriguing math-based puzzles wrapped into an exciting narrative game in which students work to find their lost pet - and save the world from monsters! Linked to both national and state mathematics standards, the game gives students a chance to actually think like mathematicians. (Provided by BMGF)
- LearnZillion LearnZillion is a learning app that helps teachers and parents meet the educational needs of every student. We capture small examples of great teaching through screencasts and share them with teachers and students. LearnZillion’s site combines (1) video lessons, (2) assessments, (3) playlists, and (4) progress reports. The lessons are short (3-5 minutes long), produced by talented teachers, and highlight the Common Core standards. Each lesson focuses on a specific substandard. Together, playlists of lessons prepare students to apply standards to more challenging tasks. (Provided by BMGF)
- Khan Academy
- Khan Academy The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere. All of the site's resources are available to anyone. The Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge. Provided by BMGF)
- IXL Math
- IXL Math IXL alignment to Colorado math standards (Common Core Standards). With IXL's state standards alignments, you can easily find unlimited practice problems specifically tailored to each required standard.
- Interactivate Interactivate is a set of free, online courseware for exploration in science and mathematics. It is comprised of activities, lessons, and discussions. The goals of Interactivate are the creation, collection, evaluation, and dissemination of interactive Java-based courseware for exploration in science and mathematics.
- National Science Digital Library
- NSDL - National Science Digital Library NSDL is the nation's online portal for education and research on learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- PhET Simulations
- PhET Simulations Fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena from the PhET project at the University of Colorado.
- ABCya.com ABCya.com is the leader in free educational kids computer games and activities for elementary students to learn on the web. All children's educational computer activities were created or approved by certified school teachers. All educational games are free and are modeled from primary grade lessons and enhanced to provide an interactive way for children to learn.
- Grade level lessons incorporate areas such as math and language arts while introducing basic computer skills. Many of the kindergarten and first grade activities are equipped with sound to enhance understanding.
- engageNY engageNY has developed a variety of curriculum exemplars aligned to the Common Core Mathematics and English Language Arts Common Core State Standards.
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction - Instructional Support Tools North Carolina has unpacked the Common Core State Standards. This resource serves as good source of example problems related to each individual standard. Select the appropriate content area to open a document like the following 4th Grade Math example.
- Arizona Department of Education
- Arizona Department of Education - Math -- Literacy - Provides breakdown of the Common Core State Standards with sample Mathematical Practices and Explanations & Examples.
- Idaho Total Instruction Alignment
- Idaho Total Instruction Alignment - Provides breakdown of the Common Core State Standards with sample ELL, Task Analysis, Vocabulary, Sample Assessment Item, and Materials & Resources.
- Marzano Proficiency Scale Banks
- Marzano Proficiency Scale Banks This tool provides scoring guides and sample tasks for the Common Core.
- Lesson Plans for Fractions
- Resource for teaching Math Level 03 Learning Targets - Submitted by Tori McGillicuddy