From Westminster Public Schools Wiki
Revision as of 13:01, 16 April 2018 by Jkuxhausen
Go back to CBE Main Page
Literacy Learning Targets
Literacy Resources for All Levels
- Reading Rockets
- Reading Rockets Excellent resource for reading instruction with videos of quality instructional practices.
- Literacy Design Collaborative
- Literacy Design Collaborative The Literacy Design Collaborative is committed to equipping middle and high school students with the literacy skills they will need to succeed in their later education, their careers, and their communities. This collection provides a first set of template tasks for implementing the Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) strategy. LDC template tasks are fill-in-the-blank “shells” that allow teachers inserting the texts to be read, writing to be produced, and content to be addressed. When filled in, template tasks create high-quality student assignments that develop reading, writing, and thinking skills in the context of learning science, history, English, and other subjects. Template tasks are built off of the Common Core State Standards. (Provided by BMGF)
- WatchKnowLearn.org WatchKnowLearn.org provides free educational videos for all content areas aligned to the Common Core where applicable. The site includes videos for teachers as well.
- DIBELS Next Aligns to the Common Core State Standards
- DIBELS Next Aligns to the Common Core Standards This presentation provides specific alignments between the DIBELS Next indicators and the Common Core State Standards.
- Florida Center for Reading Research (FCRR)
- FCRR FCRR collected ideas and created Student Center Activities for use in kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms as well as a variety of other tools and resources.
- The Doctor's Cure. This game-based persuasive writing unit positions players as protagonists in a game world where they must use their understanding of persuasive writing and how to gain evidence from complex texts in their role of investigative reporter. The game must be downloaded to the computer. (Provided by BMGF)
- ABCya.com ABCya.com is the leader in free educational kids computer games and activities for elementary students to learn on the web. All children's educational computer activities were created or approved by certified school teachers. All educational games are free and are modeled from primary grade lessons and enhanced to provide an interactive way for children to learn.
- Grade level lessons incorporate areas such as math and language arts while introducing basic computer skills. Many of the kindergarten and first grade activities are equipped with sound to enhance understanding.
- engageNY engageNY has developed a variety of curriculum exemplars aligned to the Common Core Mathematics and English Language Arts Common Core State Standards.
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction - Instructional Support Tools North Carolina has unpacked the Common Core State Standards. This resource serves as good source of example problems related to each individual standard. Select the appropriate content area to open a document like the following 4th Grade Math example.
- Arizona Department of Education
- Arizona Department of Education - Math -- Literacy - Provides breakdown of the Common Core State Standards with sample Mathematical Practices and Explanations & Examples.
- Idaho Total Instruction Alignment
- Idaho Total Instruction Alignment - Provides breakdown of the Common Core State Standards with sample ELL, Task Analysis, Vocabulary, Sample Assessment Item, and Materials & Resources.
- Marzano Proficiency Scale Banks
- Marzano Proficiency Scale Banks This tool provides scoring guides and sample tasks for the Common Core.
- Shel Silverstein Books
- Shel Silverstein Books channel on YouTube Short animated versions of Shel Silverstein's works.