Tech:Installing Applications From Software Center
Technology Services will periodically make applications available for users to install at their convenience through an application called the "Software Center". This application is pre-installed on all district Microsoft Windows PC's including desktops and laptops.
To access the Software Center and install available applications please follow the instructions below:
- On your computer, logged in as yourself, go to the Windows Start Button and start typing "Software Center"
- Select and click “Software Center”
- When the Software Center window comes up please click on the application you want to install
- Click “Install” on the screen displaying information about the application
- The software will install itself automatically, status information will be available on this screen or under the "Installation Status" tab
- Installations will complete on their own and will only prompt you to restart your system if necessary.