Tech:Chrome Devices and Kiosk Mode (PearsonTestNav)
Chrome Device Information
The Pearson testing applications require Kiosk mode for Google Chrome devices. The Kiosk mode restricts other applications from interfering with test sessions.
The District Chromebooks will be forced to boot into the Kiosk mode during most Pearson assessment windows. The Pearson TestNav application is the only application available when in Kiosk mode.
- To abort kiosk mode and run other applications on the Chromebook you will have to press the ctrl + alt + s keys simultaneously. Doing this will take you to the sign in screen and the Chromebook can be used normally.
- Each time the Chromebook reboots it will attempt to reboot into kiosk mode and the abort process will need to be done each time in order to be used for other purposes (non Pearson testing purposes).
District Chromeboxes will not boot automatically into the test environment.
- To start kiosk mode and enter the testing environment please follow these steps:
- At the sign in screen, before logging in, click on "Apps" in the lower left hand corner of the screen
- Click on "TestNav" to enter the test environment