From Westminster Public Schools Wiki
Go back to CBE Main Page
Science Learning Targets
- Science Proficiency Scales
Science Resources for All Levels
- BetterLesson BetterLesson is a social curriculum management site where educators develop and share high-quality lessons, best practices, and ideas. Featured files are broken down by elementary, middle school, and high school for math, science, social studies, and English aligned to the Common Core. (Provided by BMGF)
- WatchKnowLearn.org WatchKnowLearn.org provides free educational videos for all content areas aligned to the Common Core where applicable. The site includes videos for teachers as well.
- Build-A-Body In Sponge Lab Biology's Build a Body students construct a human body system-by-system. To build a body students drag and drop into place the organs and bones of a human body. Each organ and bone is accompanied by a description of the purpose of that bone or organ. The systems that students can build in the Build a Body activity are the skeletal, digestive, respiratory, nervous, excretory, and circulatory systems. Build a Body has a case study menu in which students can read about diseases, disorders, and and other concerns that affect the human body.
- Build a Body was designed with high school students in mind. Build a Body could be an excellent resource to pair with Biodigital Human or Healthline's Body Maps. Have students use the Body Maps and Biodigital Human to study the construction of the human body then use Build a Body to test their knowledge.
- Khan Academy
- Khan Academy The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere. All of the site's resources are available to anyone. The Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge. Provided by BMGF)
- Interactivate Interactivate is a set of free, online courseware for exploration in science and mathematics. It is comprised of activities, lessons, and discussions. The goals of Interactivate are the creation, collection, evaluation, and dissemination of interactive Java-based courseware for exploration in science and mathematics.
- National Science Digital Library
- NSDL - National Science Digital Library NSDL is the nation's online portal for education and research on learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- PhET Simulations
- PhET Simulations Fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena from the PhET project at the University of Colorado.