Go back to SBS Main page
Professional Development Opportunities
WPS Instructional Technology Site
Resources and information from the Dept. of Assessment and Instructional Technology
2013-2014 Ed Tech Newsletters
Information literacy and technology are inherent components of and for student achievement. “The current and future health of America’s 21st Century Economy depends directly on how broadly and deeply Americans reach a new level of literacy – 21st Century Literacy – that includes strong academic skills, thinking, reasoning, teamwork skills and proficiency in using technology.” (21st Century Workforce)
Why Schools Should Break the Web 2.0 Barrier - New paths to learning await schools that embrace the transformative power of technology by Will Richardson
Adams County School District 50 ETIL Plan Submitted to the Colorado Department of Education April 30, 2012
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Resources
- College Ready Learning Technologies Highly engaging digital tools that support students in mastering rich and rigorous learning tasks anytime, anywhere.
Mastery Learning and the Flipped Classroom
- Five-Minute Film Festival: Flipped Classrooms Take a moment to watch #5, students reporting on how flip classrooms have changed their lives
- Adams 50 Media Wiki Adams 50 teachers are uploading completed videos to the Media Wiki organized by Content Area and Performance Level.
- Flipped Learning Videos Repository Eduvision TV has dedicated a channel for teachers to upload videos to share.
- Vodcasting Ning
- The Flipped…High School on Brain Bennett
- Cybrary Man's Educational Web Sites Flipped Classroom resources
- Flipped School Model of Instruction Clintondale High School
If you are looking to license your work under a Creative Commons License, feel free to follow this link to learn more.
- iPads in the Classroom
- Dr. Dan's iPod touch Education Apps
- Dr. Dan's Updated Education Apps March 2012
- Learning in Hand
- Top 50 Elementary Apps
- iPod touch. Touching student lives in the classroom
- Apps (iPod, iPod Touch, iPad), iTunesU & Mobile Learning
- Select the Smartphones via poll4.com option under How People Can Respond to use with the iPod Touch
- 50 Fabulous Apps List published by Scholastic
- Integration Ideas/Favorite Apps Douglas County School District compilation of favorite apps with ideas on how they are integrated into the classroom.
- Recommended Apps Denver Public Schools
- TECs iPad Resources Variety of tutorials on iPad use.
- iPads in Education Ning Exploring the use of iPads and eBooks in schools and colleges
Video Editing and Downloading
KeepVid: Download and Save Streaming Videos Allows videos to be downloaded locally for viewing.
Technology Scoring Guides
- Scoring Guide for Lesson Plans That Use Technology Resources
- DigiTales: Overview of Evaluating Projects
- Wiki Tutorial Steps to Begin Building out a Learning Target Wiki Page
- Wiki - Examples of District, School, and Classroom Wikis This link provides various examples of already developed Wikis as well as works in progress. The links demonstrate the numerous ways Wikis can be used as educational resources.
- Moving Forward Wiki This page contains resources related to K-12 wikis, including good example wikis to show people.
- Wikis in Plain English
- PB Works - Free wiki hosting
- WikiSpaces - Free wiki hosting
- Google Search - Lesson Plans and Resources
- Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial Resource developed by UC Berkeley. Includes website evaluation forms, Google to the Max presentation, and Searching tips handout
- RSS in Plain English
- RSS Feeds 101 Rationale and steps for subscribing to RSS feeds
- Google Reader
- Blogs in Plain English
- Avoiding the 5 Most Common Mistakes in Using Blogs with Students
- Edublogs - Blogging for teachers and students, made easy.
- 36 Interesting Ways* to use Twitter in the Classroom
- Twitter for Teachers - A listing of teachers on twitter organized by subject area.
- Youth Twitter
- Twitter in Plain English
- Twitter for educational purposes is a good SlideShare tutorial about Twitter for teachers
- Nine reasons why you should use twitter in schools
- Interesting Ways to use Twitter in the Classroom (a collaborative effort)
- Podcasting in Plain English
- Moving Forward This page contains resources related to K-12 podcasting, including good example podcasts to show people.
- Goodwin Grove Podcasts
- Podcast Planning Guide
- Podcast Sample Rubric
- Podcasting Resources
- Google Docs
- Google Calendar
- Kevin Byers' Digital Storytelling Resources
- Center for Digital Storytelling
- Digital Storytelling: My Top 10 Lessons Learned
- Animoto - Video slide shows
- Voicethread - Group conversations around images, documents, and videos.
- Capzles - Capzles helps anyone create beautiful, interactive, rich-media timelines online using videos, photos, text, music, audio and most documents.
- Glogster - Glogster EDU Premium is a collaborative online learning platform for teachers and students to express their creativity, knowledge, ideas and skills in the classroom.
- Samsung SDP-860 Training Resources
- AverMedia AverVision 300AF+ Training Resources
- AverMedia AverVision CP155 Training Resources
- Introduction to Smart Boards and Document Cameras Excellent list of interactive sites and lessons provided by Littleton Public Schools
- Document Camera Sample Lesson Plan Iditarod Trail Mix Analysis - 5th Grade
Technology Classes in the District
- Resource Site - Here you can find all the resources that are shared in any of Kevin Byers' classes.
Cell Phones in the Classroom
- T-Mobile Cell Phone Tutorial Personalisation by Pieces (PbyP) resource
- Cell Phones in My Civics Class = Parent Involvement Blog post
- Cell Phones in Learning From Toy to Tool: Cell Phones in Learning, A conversation about integrating student cell phones into classroom curricula.
Social Bookmarking and Google Applications
Space Wolf Games
The district has partnered with a team of game developers to create fours games that address a number of Math Level 11 Learning Targets. These games can be accessed by anyone at SpaceWolf.adams50.org. Students and are able to log in to track their progress and earn badges which act as evidence of proficiency.
If you are having troubles displaying html5 content (like the Space Wolf games) in Internet Explorer, you can easily install Chrome Frame, even without administrator access to your computer. This will not replace Internet Explorer with another browser, but it will correctly display some sites that do not work well in IE. How to Install Chrome Frame
If you want to play these games on an iPad, you might find the bottom of the games are cut off. Saving each game as a stand alone app will fix this problem. This is explained in this tutorial video - Adding SpaceWolf to iPads.