SBS:Adams 50 AVID Standards
From Westminster Public Schools Wiki
Go to AVID Community page
- A wiki is a perpetual work in progress. Your input on ways to improve these wiki pages is always appreciated. Please direct your ideas and suggestions to the members of the AVID Wiki Team listed at the bottom of this page.
- If you have a link, line of text, or file to add to the Wiki, please pass it along for consideration, and be sure to note the Learning Target number it addresses.
- The Sample Sources of Evidence listed in the Assessment sections are just a few of many possible sources of evidence.
- The Curricula listed in the Resources sections are just a few of many possible activities/lessons/units. They do not all need to be done.
- August 1, 2009 The AVID Standards presented in this Wiki are provisional and were developed by Keith Erickson for use in his AVID sections at Westminster High School. The Erickson AVID sections are entering year two of a transition to SBS that will be complete during 2010-11. Adams 50 AVID teachers should feel free to use any part of the AVID Wiki as they see fit.
- AVID Learning Targets is a simplified version of Erickson's Adams 50 AVID SBE Learning Targets chart. It looks like this.
- Adams 50 AVID SBE Learning Targets is a chart which depicts Erickson's AVID Learning Targets in full. Each Learning Target number is hyperlinked to its corresponding Wiki page.
Personal and Social Standards
- Personalisation by Pieces
- MIT Leadership Training Institute (ocw.mit.edu)
- 366 Community Service Ideas (lancaster.unl.edu)
- Navigating SBE with the AVID Compass presents the "AVID Compass" college readiness topics in SBE form. The diagram reinforces three big ideas: (1) college preparation isn't a linear process; (2) preparing for college happens in many settings inside and outside of school; and (3) the learner is at the center of all efforts to prepare for college. A good compass can come in handy when navigating the college path.
- Where AVID Fits shows where AVID fits in the Adams 50 SBS scheme.
- AVID Content Standards Crosswalk shows how the national AVID standards are covered in the Adams 50 SBS.
- The D50 Numbering System diagram deciphers the Adams 50 Learning Target numbers.
AVID Wiki Team
- Kevin Byers, email@example.com
- Keith Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org