Go back to main ETIL page
additions deletions questions
ETIL Planning Guide Section G. Budget Description
The district is to provide a copy of the operating budget for each fiscal year covered under this plan. To the extent possible, identify existing and potential ET-IL funding sources, and annotate the operating budget line items to show how the district will fund the non-discount portion of E-rate requests. The budget should include estimates for expenditures on items such as infrastructure, hardware, software, consulting contracts, telecommunications services, staff, library infrastructure and professional development opportunities for all staff. It is the understanding that most district’s will not have the ability to provide a three year operating budget, therefore CDE will request a copy of the operating budget in subsequent years.
Please note that any Title II-D formula or competitive funding is approved and managed through an official budget submission process via Colorado Department of Education Grants Fiscal Management. The budget description listed in this section is not an official request to the Department of Education.
Remember to address the following key components:
- Evidence of adequate budget to acquire and maintain infrastructure and services over the next three years.
- Identify existing and potential funding sources.
- Identify the E-rate eligible and non-eligible budget items
- Provide a funding source for E-rate eligible and non-eligible budget items
- Identify the funding source for the non-discounted portion of E-rate eligible budget items
- Provide a list of all anticipated technology purchases including expenditures for existing technology
- Provide a budget narrative. Explain where E-rate eligible purchases are located.
- Please show clear evidence of the district’s ability to maintain the infrastructure.
- How will you coordinate ET-IL fund expenditures with funds available from other Federal, State, and local sources?
- What are your funding sources for budget items?
- Are there any particular funding challenges you may face over the next three years that impact your organization’s ability to implement the ET-IL plan? If so, what are they?
- Show clear evidence of the district’s ability to fund the non-discounted portion of E-rate eligible items.
To support this ILT plan, District 50 will devote grant monies to include Title IID ($19,000 with 25% guaranteed for professional development) as well as general funds monies. Approximately $700,000 in general fund is allocated in the Technology Services Purchased Services annual budget. A large portion of this is dedicated the ongoing maintenance and upgrade of the District network components (hardware and software) which supports the educational goals. In another account, approximately $400,000 in general fund is allocated in the Technology Services Telecommunications Purchased Services annual budget. Nearly 100% of this is dedicated to support the Wide Area Network Telecom circuits used in the District. A complete and signed budget report will be submitted to CDE as requested.